What you’ll need:
- 10 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 1 Cup of Broth (or less)
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- Seasonings (see directions, and alter based on your tastes)
- Blanch the tomatoes, core them/remove all seeds, and set them aside.
- In a large pot, heat the butter and oil on medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot, and celery for around five minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and broth. Cook until you can mush up the tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and chili powder. Never skimp on seasonings.
- Use an immersion blender to blend it all until there are no chunks of tomatoes left.
- Cook for around thirty minutes, or until the sauce has thickened enough.