- A beef roast around 2-4lbs of any type
- Two Tbs olive oil
- Five cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt and pepper
- One medium sweet onion, quartered
- Four carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Fresh thyme, oregano, and rosemary. Whole or finely chopped. It doesn’t matter.
- Beef Broth
- One tsp beef bullion
- Four or five pepperoncini
- A Tbs of Worcestershire sauce
1. Season the roast with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Add the garlic, then sear the roast in that on all sides. Place the roast in the slow cooker. Scrape the drippings and
garlic from the pan in on top of that.
4. Let it cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. The less you open the lid to check on it, the better. You want all that heat and steam trapped in there.